Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Michael Stipe Kitchen

These are my perspectives of the kitchen space.

Floor Plan

The dog bowl pullout drawer.

The herb box above the wall oven.

The breakfast nook table and flower box.

The island and north wall cabinets.

The island detail facing north.

An close up of the work triangle.

The desk and south wall cabinets.

A south west view.

The breakfast nook.

Michael Stipe Kitchen

These are the construction documents
done for Michael Stipe's kitchen.
This is the dimensioned floor plan of the kitchen space.

This is the electrical and switching floor plan showing all outlets and lights.

This is the cabinet elevations of the island and the north wall.

This is the cabinet elevations of the east and south walls.

This is the elevations and sections of my case piece where the dog bowl pullout is.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Materials Study

Recycled Glass Tiles
Zodiaq Countertops
Bamboo Flooring
This is four of the materials I am using in my kitchen project.
For this assignment we were to draw four different materials
three times, one with pencil, one with maker, and one with pen.
The left is pencil showing the material zoomed in.
The middle is maker showing it at regular.
The right is pen showing it zoomed out.

This really helped me when it came time to render my perspectives of my kitchen space, with techniques and at what scale it would be viewed at.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Concept Graphic

This is the graphic I did for my concept, Flower Garden.
I picked some of the flowers Michael Stipe has in his flower garden.
The top one I drew in pencil and used it to trace the bottom one
so there wouldn't be pencil lines around the white flowers.

Gradation thru Spheres

In my sculpting class we were assigned to use basic shapes and make an abstract piece.
I wanted to use the sphere shape and I cut them in half and got the semi-sphere.
This shows gradation thru the spheres going from big to small and also the semi-spheres.
The line of spheres creates a visual line that wraps around all three semi-spheres
to connect the three semi-spheres.

The first thing we did was made it in clay, after that we made the mold around it.
When we were putting the mold on the spheres kept falling of from the weight of the
plaster mold and we just stuck them back on, but it made me nervous how it would turn out.
Then the clay came out of the mold fairly easy, and then I just cleaned it up. Then we poured
the hydrocal into the mold. After it hardened I chipped away all the mold, but again the
spheres were a problem because they became unattached to the semi-spheres and I had to
superglue them back at the end. There was also so air bubbles that I had to patch.

Overall this was a fun project, difficult but for a first time it turned out good.
Next I plan to paint it when I get a chance.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Entenza House Perspective

This is a perspective in the Entenza House looking toward the sofa.