Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wearable Artifact

For this project we had a fairy tale to inspire us to make a wearable artifact.  I had The Seven Ravens.  The essence of the story was about appreciating the things in life that you do have.  In the story they had seven sons, but wanted a daughter.  When they got her something bad happened to the sons and they turned into ravens.  When the daughter grew up she heard what had happened and wanted to go save her brothers.  At the end of her journey she saves them and brings the family back together.  I made seven rings, and I chose the the dark black color because it was mostly a dark story, but some beads have a little bit of color on them to show up and represent the happy ending.  The one on my ring finger on my right hand is my favorite.  It was the very last one I did, but when I ran out of ideas and just started playing around with the beads and I came up with that design.

No comments: