Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Carlos is very imaginative when he designs a space. He thinks about the user and the needs they might have, he makes a story-line to go along with the perspective and thinks about the details. When he draws a perspective he has a distinct style of how he draws and renders. His lines are sketchy, and often the scale figures are animal heads on human bodies. He shows the scale figures interacting in the space and how the space would be used. I can also tell it's a "Carlos perspective" by the way he renders. He mostly uses watercolors and markers. He is very good at showing light and shadow.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
- Quiet space for doing homework.
- Poker area when they host poker night.
- Place for Jamel to store his sports equipment.
- Entertainment area for watching sports and playing video games.
- Small kitchen with just the basics, neither one cooks so they just need a refrigerator and microwave, and a place to eat.
- Kitchen, bedrooms, bathroom, poker area needs to be well lit, windows in rooms help; entertainment area has dim lights for better viewing of television.
- Fun, enjoyable
- Relaxing, comfortable
- Minimum overall floor area for a two bedroom apartment - 785 sq. ft.
- Width of living/dining - 11.8 ft.
- Floor area of living/dining/kitchen area - 322 sq. ft.
- Minimum of bedroom floor area - 122 sq. ft. Width - 9.1 ft.
- Minimum storage space requirements - 64.5 sq. ft.
- Recommended viewing distance for a 42" television - 5.3-10.5 ft.
As a designer, I have many strengths. I have wanted to be a designer since I was in middle school and drew out floor plans with my cousin; since then I have only improved my work. I have learned to hand render well to show light and shadow and to imitate the material being used. I have a good grasp on perspectives and drawing how you would see something. When I start a design I look for inspiration and precedents of how I was the feel to be or what it might look like. I design things for the user and the needs and wants they have for the space. My personality has an effect of me being a designer as well, I am a perfectionist with most things so I like for my work to look right since it is representing me. I am also organized. I also manage time well by getting the work done ahead of time in case I need to go back to fix something at the end.