Monday, October 6, 2008

Comparing Projects


My project is similar to Neal's project. When we brought in our first iteration they were so alike it was funny when we saw each others. After that they began to change, I turned mine on the side to create flow and depth and he changed his idea to have curves and movement. They are similar because we both connect the skewers and planes in the same way and the planes are at different heights on the skewers. The projects are very different too. My project is based on a grid pattern with having the skewers 2-4-4-2 and Neal's project is in a line with the skewers 2 rows of 6. My skewers lay horizontal and the planes are left straight when stuck through the skewers, but Neal's skewers are vertical and slanted at different angles which allows him to curve the planes. My planes are evenly spaced on the skewer 2 inches apart, with 4 lines of my planes. On Neal's project the planes aren't spaced out evenly and they are 3 rows of the planes, the top row has 4 planes, the middle row has 5 planes, and the bottom row has 3 planes.

No comments: