Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Think About It

Haitians cast their shadows on a wall as they climb the rubble of a destroyed building while searching for useful materials in Port-au-Prince, January 27, 2010. Haiti needs at least five to 10 years of reconstruction help after its people were "bloodied, martyred and ruined" by the devastating earthquake this month, Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive said on Monday.

REUTERS/Jorge Silva (HAITI - Tags: DISASTER POLITICS)


In doing this project and taking from the disaster that happened in Haiti, I think it has been a real eye opener for me. Living here with my family and being blessed with a safe, warm shelter of a house is something I take for granted. By doing this project and having to only find materials that we find and thinking about how we will make use out of it, is also something I hope I never have to worry about in a personal experience. I think the point of the project, or at least one, would be to think about the things we throw out are materials people around the world are having to build their shelters with such as cardboard, old wood, plastic bags, and old clothes or material. Also having to find something to hold it all together.


As a whole it is about creating an experience that will invite the user in and want to stay in a time of need.



No comments: